The Whats & Whys of consigning at Designer Finds.
Consignment is accepted by appointment only; appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday during the hours of 10 am and 5 pm. We start accepting merchandise for the Spring / Summer season in mid January and for the Fall / Winter season in mid July. Out of town consignors may, at their expense, ship items to us if prior arrangements have been made ( contacting us before shipping). Unacceptable items received will be donated to charity or returned at consignor's expense.
To schedule an appointment, call 615-279-1994. Please allow 30 minutes for the preliminary review of your items. Our goal is to make money for both you and us, therefore, we will examine all of your items with sales profitability in mind. We will return any item to you that we feel will not sale in our store.
The criteria for accepting items are:
1) In current season; Spring / Summer ; Fall / Winter .
2) Current styling; must be purchased within the past two years.
3) Brands; Mall brands and up; Luxury labels, see "brands we love".
4) General condition; direct from laundry or cleaners, on hangers, in ready to sell condition. Children clothing accepted freshly laundered, pressed and folded.
5) Items will NOT be accepted with the following conditions; clothing that have stains, moth holes, pet hair, smoke or mothball odors, lining of an item that has stains and / or shows wear.
6) Handbags; no inside odor and lining must be clean.
7) Shoes; polished and minimal wear.
Sales Periods: Consignment period is for 100 days. Items will go through periodic standard markdowns at the sole discretion of Designer Finds.
How our consignment policy works:
Items accepted and later found to have spots, holes, missing buttons, etc. will be automatically donated.
Initial Pricing: Designer Finds will set the price based on items original price, as well as, the desirability and condition of the merchandise. Designer Finds makes their best effort to merchandise, sell and care for all consignments.
Payment: Consignor will receive 50% of the selling price. Checks will be mailed to the consignor at the end of the consignment period, or you may pick up a check monthly, or any balance due may be used as an in-store credit when purchasing merchandise. If check is mailed a per check charge of $1.00 for postage and handling is deducted from consignor’s payments.
Picking up items - At the end of your consignment period, you may pick-up the remaining items or they will be donated to charity after the tenth 10 day after the end of the consignment period as defined on the consignment contract. Consignor must call and schedule an appointment to pick-up remaining items since we pull remaining items after store hours just prior to pick-up date.